School-Ready, Life-Ready Skills: How Kindy Can Enhance Your Child’s Speech
As the parent or guardian of a rambunctious preschooler, prepping your child for school and life can often seem like an exercise in futility. More often than not, it’s a full-time job in chaos management before you even get to the challenge of building up your child’s practical language skills.
The Importance of Speech and Communication Skills
The ability to express their feelings thoughts and curiosity are of paramount importance to little learners who’ll soon be entering the noisy arena of school and life. Strong communication skills are a prerequisite for success in many areas of life and in so many career fields!
Speech skills will help your child make friends, succeed in school, and navigate the socio-emotional trials of puberty and teenage years. It will get their foot in the door when they apply for university one day, and when they arrive at their first job interview.
At Little Learners Early Education a Victoria-based kindergarten and daycare centre, we specialise in early learning programs that are tailor-made to give your little one the best start in life – and this includes seriously boosting their speech, language, and communication skills!
How Kindy Can Improve Speech and Communication Skills
Through a combination of play-based learning, structured lessons, interactive art sessions, and socialising, we offer children the opportunity to explore and express themselves on a daily basis, in a safe and supervised setting.
Here’s how our tailored kinder programs nurture children to full speech confidence:
- Every day, we encourage children to take part in discussions and social interactions with their teachers, their careers, and their peers.
- By being immersed in diversity, and interacting with kids and teachers from different cultures and language backgrounds, they boost their communication skills and gain interest in the world around them.
- We teach children to enjoy play-based learning activities that train them to say and use their words correctly.
- By incorporating songs, rhymes, and tongue twisters into our daily schedules, we develop children’s pronunciation and articulation skills.
- By encouraging pride in self-expression, and positively enforcing the constructive use of language, we boost their communication confidence.
- Through structured learning and activities, we teach children how to follow instructions and respond appropriately when questions are asked.
- Group discussions and verbally interactive games help develop your child’s listening and comprehension skills, which seriously boosts their speech competence.
- We engage children in games and activities that focus on new words, phrases, and topics every day.
- We build confident and correct speech and body-language expression through activities like drama, role-play, and story-telling.
- We offer individual and small group speech therapy sessions to children who need a little extra support.
The Benefits of Early Intervention
A vast and growing body of research has shown that early intervention has a profound impact on speech and communication development in children. It’s undeniable that, by enrolling your child in an early learning kinder like Little Learners, you’re giving them the best possible start in school and life.
At Little Learners Early Education in South Morang Victoria, we’re dedicated to instilling steadfast language foundations in every child through structure, interaction, adventure, and tons of fun. Reach out to us today to learn more about our program, and discover how we can help your child reach their true speech potential!