That’s the Difference.
The Head Start Curriculum
Providing the best start to your child’s future, from any age
- Child-led education.
- Child-led decisions to build ownership, participation, resilience and confidence.
- Inspired by educators to develop curiosity and inquiry.
Your child’s learning journey begins on their first day with us, whatever age that may be.
Our Little Learners educators work towards developing the foundation skills children need for the next stage of their journey.
Programming is age (or developmentally) appropriate and focused on developing children through play-based learning to develop their full potential during these critical early years.
Our educators work together to ensure all children transition smoothly between rooms and continue to progress with their readiness skills.
We love Little Learners so much. My son runs in the door and I feel so relieved that he is happy and learning so much. Mady, Poppy and Steph are amazing and he will miss it so much when he leaves for Prep. Michelle is an amazing centre manager who helped me with all my questions and queries. Thanks so much for the excellent care
Secure, supported and reciprocal relationships are the heart of our education program that leads private early learning centres across Melbourne.
From positive relationships come positive interactions allowing your child to develop fully. Engaged children have empowerment where they can express their ideas and make choices about their learning.
We recognise that as learners, children are:
- competent, capable and creative.
- secure, connected and respectful.
- happy, playful and curious.
- confident, motivated and involved.
- inquisitive, both as problem posers and problem solvers.
Active Learning Environment
At Little Learners Early Education, we seek to provide an active learning environment for your child at our kindergarten and childcare centre in South Morang (North Melbourne).
Active learning involves an active search for meaning by the learner, constructing knowledge rather than passively receiving it, and shaping it, as well as being shaped by the experience.
- a safe, responsive and reciprocal relationship between the educator and your child.
- your child applies their unique interests, strengths and skills to individually designed activities.
- high expectations and an understanding of their capacity to contribute to their community.
Children learn best through play and age-appropriate challenges. Active learners will make sense of their world and themselves when they have opportunities to investigate and explore materials and ideas through play and interactions with people.
At our centre, all activities are learning experiences and children are invited to join and have fun exploring their abilities and knowledge.
The Benefits Of The Head Start Curriculum
- Icon Individual Tailored Programs to develop strengths
- Active Play (Indoor and Outdoor) for Open-Ended Learning
- Emotional Resilience
- Responding to Emotional Needs
- Self Confidence
- Child-Led Education
- Challenging Activities
- Positive Relationships
I’ve been to heaps of new centres in this area but you have to check out Little Learners! Their outdoor yards are as good as they are in the pictures. Their staff and management are so supportive and they’ve helped me and my family through many challenges. I had a great orientation and they spent heaps of time getting to know me and my little miss. They’ve given my little one the best start and I’m so grateful for them!
Leave your details and we will get in touch soon